Reports To: Clerk/Treasurer
Full time position with benefits
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform job but do not include all duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The purpose of this classification is to perform all administrative duties associated with payroll and employee benefits. Processes Utility Department accounts payable claims. Prepares and files all necessary tax forms and payments. Assists with all employee benefits. Acts as employee advocate with benefit issues.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, retirement and wellness benefits.
• Assists with Payroll functions and is backup Payroll clerk when necessary.
• Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
• Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
• Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
• Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
• Assures all COBRA information is relayed to vendor.
• Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
• Assists with the open enrollment process.
• Assists with new-hire orientations.
• Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
• Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
• Assist HR Director in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the city and utilities.
• Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand city benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
• Prepare and maintain biweekly employee reports, new-hire and absentee reports. Maintain and update city organizational charts, and other requested reports as needed.
• Assist HR Director in completing benefits reporting requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with walk in traffic as needed.
• Assists with accounts payable and accounts receivable as needed.
• Answers telephone as needed.
Key Performance Standards:
• Maintains a professional and accountable presence that reflects pride in the Office and the City of Frankfort.
• All work completed complies with state statutes and local ordinances.
• Follows all City and State regulations regarding the management of accounts.
• Meets all deadlines established by state statute, local ordinances and Clerk/Treasurer and or Human Resources Director.
• Meets customer service standards established by Clerk/Treasurer and Human Resources Director.
• Ensures all correspondence and forms follow City guidelines, are accurate, and free from errors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to multi-task in a fast past office environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, computer information system, and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in related field preferred.
• 2-4 years office preferred
• 1-2 years payroll experience preferred
• HR Benefits experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. We will review all resumes received by 4PM on Friday October 18th. Please make sure to include a contact telephone number and best time to call on your cover letter.Apply Now