Two more public meetings will be held next week to discuss the proposed annexation of State Road 28 West and answer questions from the public. Anyone with questions regarding the proposed annexation is encouraged to attend. Members of the public can also view each meeting live via the City of Frankfort YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCym71Fy2wWAOJJcopEG6nNA.
Meetings will be held at the following locations on the dates and times noted:
- 7/20/2020 – Frankfort Public Library, 208 W Clinton St, Frankfort 6 PM
- 7/23/2020 – Frankfort Neighborhood Center, 259 S Third St, Frankfort 10 AM
- 7/28/2020 – Frankfort Public Library, 208 W Clinton St, Frankfort 6 PM
- 7/30/2020 – Frankfort Municipal Utilities, 1000 Washington Ave, Frankfort 10 AM
The city is requesting that anyone attending these meetings wear a face mask. City officials may impose reasonable restrictions on the number of attendees to control audience density in consideration of the existing COVID-19 national emergency. Questions may also be submitted by e-mailing the Community Development Director at email@example.com or by mail to 301 E. Clinton Street, Frankfort, IN 46041.
The three handouts provided at the public meetings can be found below
2. Property Tax Information: Frankfort Annexation – Taxbill Slides
3. Indiana Code regarding Property tax exemption for agricultural property: IC 36-4-3