Information regarding Proposed State Road 28 West Annexation Close
Thursday, October 22, 2020

News & Updates

North Maish Road project to get underway

Frankfort, IN – With the North Maish Road improvement project about to get underway, the public is asked to be extra careful and follow instructions provided by construction workers when accessing and using Maish Road between State Road 28/Wabash Street and Washington Avenue.

The road replacement project will include new sidewalks and railroad grade crossing, as well as stormwater dispersal capabilities including curbs, gutters, piping and inlets. Turn lanes will be addressed to help facilitate school traffic movement.
Relocation of utilities currently is underway with the project tentatively scheduled to begin on or around April 16 with an anticipated September 14, 2013 completion date.

According to Mayor Chris McBarnes, planning for this project began ten years ago.

“This infrastructure improvement project has been a long time in coming and the community has been extremely patient in awaiting the needed work. Finally set to start, we ask for everyone’s continued cooperation to help ensure the safety of drivers, pedestrians and the construction crews,” McBarnes said.

This Local Public Agency (LPA) $2.8 million federally funded infrastructure improvement project is an 80/20 split, meaning 80 percent is federally funded and the remaining 20 percent comes from local funds. In this case, the local monies are from the City’s Economic Development Income Tax (EDIT) fund.

Rieth-Riley is the prime contractor and GAI Consultants are providing onsite project monitoring.

For questions or interview requests, contact Mayor Chris McBarnes at 765-412-8742 or GAI Consultants Senior Technician Bud McQuade at 260-249-1361.

X