Performs duties related to law enforcement such as preventing crimes, investigate suspicious activity, apprehending violators, assisting persons in trouble, directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and enforcing traffic laws.
1. Must be a Citizen of the United States
2. The applicant shall be at least 21 years of age and shall not have reached his/her 36th birthday.
3. Must be free from any major impediment of the senses
4. Must be a high school graduate in possession of a high school diploma or an accredited GED
5. Must possess a valid driver’s license free of any major traffic offenses
6. Must be of good reputation and character
7. Must be able to pass a written examination, a physical agility test with standards set by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, a polygraph examination and oral interview,
8. Must submit to an extensive personal history and background investigation; including a criminal history investigation
9. Must pass a psychological examination
10. Must not have any Domestic Battery or Felony convictions in any State.
11. A dishonorable discharge from military service shall disqualify the applicant and a discharge other than honorable may be grounds for rejection
You may click on the APPLY button and complete an initial application. If qualified, further information about obtaining a complete application package will be sent to you. You may also request a complete application packet at the Frankfort Police Department between the hours of 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. Monday through Friday. A completed application package will ask for a copy of your driver’s license, birth certificate and copy of high school diploma or GED certificate. Applications will be accepted until Tuesday January 2, 2018 at 3PM.