Job Announcement: Frankfort Fire Department (Firefighter)
Starting Salary: $49,870 (2019) Pay increases after completion of probationary period.
Respond to fires and other emergencies in the community, performs responsible service
work in the fire profession and prevention. Assists in all station duties, and related work as
• Must be a Citizen of the United States
• The applicant shall be at least 21 years of age and shall not have reached his/her 36th birthday.
• Must be a high school graduate in possession of a high school diploma or an accredited GED
• Must possess a valid driver’s license free of any major traffic offenses
• Must be of good reputation and character
• Must be able to pass a written examination, have a current CPAT verification card or letter, a physical confidence test, and oral interview.
• Must submit to a personal history and background check.
• Must pass a physical examination and psychological examination as required by the governing body Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (P.E.R.F.)
• A dishonorable discharge from military service shall disqualify the applicant and a discharge other than honorable may be grounds for rejection
You may click on the APPLY button and complete an initial application. If qualified, further information about obtaining a complete application package will be sent to you. You may also request a complete application packet at the Frankfort Fire Department between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. A completed application package will ask for a copy of your driver’s license, birth certificate, copy of high school diploma or GED and resume and any other education certificates you may wish to submit.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 7, 2018 at 3 p.m.
For information on the Candidate Physical Ability Testing (CPAT) please log onto esec.wayne.k12.in.us. To take the National Firefighter Selection Test (NFST Pre-Test) or to get more information, please log onto www.applytoserve.com.