With the holidays behind us, I want to extend a huge thank you to the many individuals and groups who made the City of Frankfort holiday lights display outstanding.
An undertaking of this magnitude does not happen in a vacuum. The hard work and teamwork of so many caring, dedicated people meant our visitors to TPA Park enjoyed a beautiful and meaningful holiday lights display that has become a hugely popular community attraction for miles around.
Special thanks to:
- volunteers who greeted visitors, handed out candy canes, oversaw contributions at Santa’s house
- Santa’s kitchen volunteers
- financial contributors who helped ensure our lights display will continue next holiday season
- various display sponsors
- Steve Royer for all the extras he helped with
- Frankfort Kiwanis Club
- Frankfort Rotary Club
- Frankfort Municipal Utilities General Manager Todd Corrie and City Light and Power Superintendent Mike Myers for their invaluable assistance
- City Light and Power employees for their help in hanging lights
- Frankfort police officers for their nightly patrols
- Frankfort Street Department crews for salting our park roads
- and last, but certainly not least, our Parks Department employees who rallied to make our 2017 lights display so successful.
Thank you one and all!
Parks Superintendent Travis Sheets