Frankfort, Ind. – Twelve different street paving projects will be done this fall using $379,000 of local funds to mill and resurface as many roads in Frankfort as possible, City officials announced at this afternoon’s special Board of Public Works and Safety meeting.
According to Street Superintendent Jason Forsythe, Board of Public Works members approved the following street projects. This list does not reflect the order of the work that will be done.
- Short Columbia Street from McKinsey Street to Avery Street
- Maranatha Drive from Maish Road to the dead end
- Clinton Street from Columbia Street to Jackson Street
- Columbia Street from Walnut Street to Green Street
- Bob Sanders Drive from Burlington Avenue into TPA Park
- Hackett Street from Columbia Street to Jackson Street
- Rossville Avenue from Morrison Street to Green Street
- Ohio Street from Clay Street to Morrison Street
- Maple Leaf Street from Washington Avenue to Maish Road
- Green Street from Jackson Street to Burlington Avenue
- Burlington Avenue from Green Street to Bob Sanders Drive
- Paris Street from the dead end to John Street
“In addition to receiving input from our City Council members, we utilized our Pavement Surface Evaluation and Rating (PASER) program that uses visual inspection to evaluate pavement surface and underlying asphalt to rate each road’s condition.
“Our goal this year is to upgrade as many roads in the community as possible. Our list of twelve road projects includes many heavily traveled streets throughout the City as well as a small section of roadway in our downtown,” Forsythe explained.
Milestone Contractors was awarded Frankfort’s paving projects at today’s Board of Public Works meeting. Tentative plans call for milling work to begin on Friday, October 20.
Stay tuned to the City’s Web site at frankfort-in.gov and the City, Mayor and Street Department’s Facebook pages for street-specific information as this year’s road improvement initiative progresses.