Partnerships. They have been a defining approach to our work – and our progress – since day one of our administration. Partnerships of all shapes and sizes have brought about transformational initiatives and changes for our community.
Perhaps the largest partnership project to date is the creation of the Ivy Tech-Frankfort campus. With Clinton County, City of Frankfort and Ivy Tech partners on stage together for the August 13, 2012 announcement, we worked together diligently to tackle the fundraising and construction work needed to open Ivy Tech’s doors one year and six days later on August 19, 2013. Enrollments each semester have exceeded expectations with nearly 250 for this current term.
More economic development progress happened recently, thanks to our strong ongoing City-County government partnership: the great news that ConAgra Foods and Indiana Packers Corporation are coming to Frankfort. These large food manufacturers, combined with Frito-Lay and ADM already here, means our community quickly is becoming the city that feeds the state that feeds the world.
Thanks to your spirit of volunteerism and caring dedication, partnerships of all types abound throughout the City:
- residents stepping up to help out their neighbors with trimming bushes, raking leaves and exterior house painting through our Neighbors Helping Neighbors Program
- outstanding volunteer efforts every year with our Operation Spring Clean Up initiative
- landlords helping our Building Services and Fire Department teams with ordinance compliance
- residents and police officers communicating at community meetings on ways to help make neighborhoods safer
- community-wide participation in our curbside recycling program
- senior residents participating in our Fire and Police Departments’ Safer Seniors Program
- business owners and firefighters partnering on building tours to ensure safety measures are place.
As Sir Winston Churchill once said, if we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided, all will fail.
Stay tuned for much more progress and partnerships on the horizon!
— Mayor Chris McBarnes